- Chidozie Uzoezie
Tropical Cyclone: South African Airways Cancels Flights to Mauritius
South African Airways has cancelled today’s flights between Johannesburg and Mauritius due to unfavourable weather conditions associated with tropical cyclone Calvinia in the vicinity of Mauritius.
The cancelled flights are: (SA operated and MK marketing)
• SA190/MK950 on 30 December 2019 from Johannesburg to Mauritius
• SA191/MK949 of 30 December 2019 from Mauritius to Johannesburg
The airline intends to reinstate flights on Tuesday, 31 December and has added extra flights on Tuesday in order to accommodate passengers who are affected by the cancellation on Monday.
It will operate two wide bodied aircraft, an A330-200 (36 Business and 186 Economy class seats) and an A330-300 (46 Business and 203 Economy). The flights will be operated as follows:
Tuesday, 31 December 2019
Johannesburg to Mauritius
• SA190, 31 December from Johannesburg to Mauritius to operate as per normal schedule and will depart 09H45 (Johannesburg)
• SA3192, an additional flight added from Johannesburg to Mauritius which will depart at 08H40 (Johannesburg)
Mauritius to Johannesburg
• SA191, 31 December from Mauritius to Johannesburg to operate as per normal schedule and will depart 16H40 (Mauritius)
• SA3193, an additional flight added from Mauritius to Johannesburg which will depart at 15H35 (Mauritius)
However, South African Airways says it will continue to monitor the weather conditions in Mauritius and will advise customers accordingly.