PaxEx: And the 2018 World’s Best Airport Terminal is ...
London Heathrow Terminal 2 has been voted the best airport terminal at the 2018 Skytrax World Airport Awards at the Passenger Terminal EXPO held on Wedesday in Stockholm, Sweden.
Heathrow’s Terminal 2 beat other international counterparts to win ‘World’s Best Airport Terminal’ for the first time, whilst its Terminal 5 is close behind as 4th best globally.
For the 4th year running, Heathrow has been recognized as the ‘Best Airport in Western Europe’ and for the 9th year, ‘Best Airport for Shopping.’
The Awards follow a record-breaking 2017 for Heathrow where investments in facilities, along with the team’s dedication to service, led to the airport’s best annual passenger satisfaction scores and highest number of passengers - 78 million – to date.
The top 10 rankings for World’s Best Airport Terminal in 2018:
1. Heathrow Airport – Terminal 2
2. Munich Airport -Terminal 2
3. Singapore Changi Airport – Terminal 3
4. London Heathrow Airport -Terminal 5
5. Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) – Int’l
6. Madrid – Barajas Airport -Terminal 4
7. Dubai International Airport – Terminal 3
8. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport – Terminal 2-M
9. Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport – Terminal 2
10. Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport – Terminal 1
Skytrax’s World Airport Awards are the most prestigious accolades for the airport industry, voted by passengers in the largest, annual global airport satisfaction survey.
The 2018 Awards are based on 13.73 million airport survey questionnaires completed by passengers flying through more than 500 airports.
Located in London, Heathrow is the UK's hub airport, home to more than 80 airlines, connecting to more than 180 destinations. Every year, Heathrow Airport welcomes over 70 million annually.